Friday, July 1, 2011

(A Prison's Ticket) الاسم : صابر التهمه : مصري

English Translation

Name: Saber[1]
Crime: Egyptian
Age: The youngest of my generation
Despite my old, grey plaits
That flow downwards unto my waist
Occupation: The heir
Of my forefathers
And of the ages
Creator of civilizations,
Enlightenment
And security
Skin: Brown
Hair: Rougher than hay
Eye colour: Deep black
Nose: Flaring like a steed
Mouth: Fixed in its place
If one tries to move it
All that can happen, happens
Place of Birth: In any dark room
Beneath the skies
In any home surrounded
By palm trees
Where The Nile flows
As long as it’s not a mansion
Sentence: For seven thousand years
I lay here, a prisoner
Grinding the rocks in between my teeth
O the idleness
I spend my nights here, in gloom
Reasons: Asked, I was,
For what reason?
Has your confinement been prolonged
Because I am of kind spirit
And of geniality
I committed, not even an infringement upon the law
Because I am afraid
And because law has its sword
Ask the informants
And they’ll tell you my story
From beginning to end
By name I am patient even in the face of Job’s calamities
I am a donkey
Carrying my share of burdens
And awaiting
I drown in rivers of sweat
During the lengthy morn
I pack my grievances by nightfall
Then, on them I rest
Now you know why?


[1] Meaning patient

التهمة : مصري

السن : أجهل أهل عصري
رغم انسدال الشيب ضفاير
من شوشتي ..
لمّا لِتَحْت خصري ..

المهنة : وارث
عن جدودي
والزمان
صُنْع الحضارة
والنضارة
والأمان

البشرة : قمحي

القدّ : رمْحي

الشعر : أخشن م الدريس

لون العيون : إسود غطيس

الأنف : نافر كالحصان

الفم : ثابت في المكان
ولما جيت أزحزحه
عن مطرحه
كان اللي كان

جهة الميلاد : في أي أوضة مضلّمة
تحت السما
على أرض مصر
من أي دار وسط
النخيل
مطرح ما يجري النيل
مادام ما يكونش قصر !

الحكم : من سبع تلاف سنة
وأنا راقد سجين
أطحن على ضراسي الحجر
من الضَّجر
وأبات حزين

الأسباب : سألني سائل
حبستك طالت ؟
وليه ؟
لأني طيِّب
وابن نكتة
وابن أيه
مافيش مخالفة ركبتها
ضد القانون
لأني خايف
والقانون سيفه في إديّه
تسأل عليّ المخبرين
في أي حين
تسمع وتفهم قصّتي
ألف وبهْ :
الإسم صابر ع البلا
أيوب حمار
شايل الحمول من قسمتي
والانتظار
أغرق في أنهار العرق
طول النهار
والمّ همّي في المسا
وارقد عليه !
عِرفت ليه ؟

No comments:

Post a Comment